Telephone (504) 581-4892
Fax (504) 561-6024
Anne E. “Bess” DeVaughn is an associate with Herman, Herman & Katz, LLC. Ms. DeVaughn graduated cum laude from Louisiana State University where she majored in History and minored in English.
In May 2015, Ms. DeVaughn received her juris doctor degree from Loyola University New Orleans College of Law, magna cum laude, as a William L. Crowe Scholar. While at Loyola, Ms. DeVaughn was a member of the Jessup International Law Moot Court team and the Stuart H. Smith Immigration Clinic. In addition, Ms. DeVaughn served on the Loyola Law Review Editorial Board as a casenote and comment editor. Ms. DeVaughn received the Loyola Law Review “Best Casenote Award” and earned the highest grades in the Legal Research and Writing and Moot Court courses.
Ms. DeVaughn was hired as an associate in October of 2015 after working as a law clerk at the firm during law school.
- Loyola University New Orleans College of Law, J.D. 2015
- Louisiana State University, B.A. 2012
HONORS AND AWARDS:
- William L. Crowe, Sr. scholar, May 2015
- First Place, Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition, Regional Rounds, February 2014
- Head of Moot Court Editing Committee, August 2014- May 2015
- Loyola Law Review’s “Best Casenote Award,” May 2015
- Loyola Law Review Editorial Board, August 2014- May 2015
- Stuart H. Smith Immigration Clinic, August 2014- May 2015
- Louisiana State University’s Robert N. Bersuder History Award, May 2010
- American Bar Association
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- Louisiana Association for Justice
- St. Thomas More Inn of Court