Attorneys Russ Herman and Steven Lane of local firm Herman, Herman, Katz & Cotlar were recently named to the 2010 Lawdragon 500 list. This year’s list represents less than 1% of the legal profession throughout the U.S. The publication states that this year’s selection was “the most challenging task” they had completed since the list was created in 2005. The 2010 list of 500 attorneys were chosen from the list of 3,000 national finalists that was announced earlier this year in February. According to the Lawdragon website, the selection of the top 500 attorneys in the nation is “an entirely different approach to rating lawyers than the standard methods and traditional publishers have provided. No one can buy their way onto our list.” The process of choosing the attorneys takes more than six months, beginning with online ballots followed by research and review of more than 25,000 candidates, who come from every area of practice and every state. These candidates are narrowed down to the 3,000 “finalists,” who are announced in February. Finalists undergo a peer review to identify those attorneys who had the greatest impact on the law that year and gained respect from their fellow legal professionals. The final 500 lawyers are chosen based on objective criteria; for example, they are required to be partners in their respective firms, must have 15 + years in practice and be recognized by their peers. Russ Herman, a senior partner at Herman, Herman, Katz & Cotlar, was recognized for his work in the plaintiff practice area, while Steven Lane, a managing partner in the firm, was chosen for his work in family law. Mr. Herman and Mr. Lane have been listed in the Lawdragon Top 500 on several occasions and are honored to have received the honor once again in 2010. The two share this year’s honor with Supreme Court Justices and the U.S. Attorney General.
- Congratulations to HH&K Partners listed in Louisiana Super Lawyers for 2010
- Russ Herman was honored with the John R. “Jack” Martzell Professionalism Award
- Congratulations to Russ Herman for being honored with the LAJ Stalwart Award
- Steve Herman Named to Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Russ Herman has been named the Best Lawyers’ 2010 New Orleans Personal Injury Litigator of the Year
Free Case Review
The Strength of HHK
- Over $35 Billion Recovered.
- Over 70 Years Of Experience.
- Leading The Fight Against BP.
- Cutting Edge Courtroom Presentations.
- No Recovery. No Fee.