Herman, Herman & Katz is honored to have been selected to the 2014 inaugural list of America’s Elite Trial Lawyers by the editors of The National Law Journal and Law.com.
The editors sought to recognize those law firms that are on the cutting edge of plaintiffs-side work in the United States and that have achieved exemplary results for their clients. To qualify for inclusion, firms had to have scored at least one significant plaintiffs win between January 1, 2013, and June 30, 2014, and possess an impressive track record of wins within the past three to five years.
When making their decision, they considered various factors including:
• Performance in significant cases, including key rulings, victories at trial and settlements;
• Verdict dollar amount, size of punitive damages penalties, cash settlements;
• Complexity of procedure and substantive law;
• Duration of case, and/or number of class members;
• Willingness to take on large cases and to persevere in the face of adversity;
• Volume of cases handled in a particular time period
• Novelty of the claim, cause of action or theory of recovery;
• Impact of litigation results that changed a government or business practice;
• Feedback or acknowledgment from the bench;
• Firm size in relation to impact or recovery amount.
The National Law Journal is a national weekly periodical that provides in-depth coverage of the issues that mean the most to private practitioners, judges, corporate lawyers, government attorneys and other members of the legal community.
Law.com is the premiere source for trusted and timely legal news and analysis which provides access to stories from across ALM’s national and regional publications. In addition, Law.com features views from leading voices in the legal field through the Law.com Contributor Network.