New Orleans, LA Truck Driver Qualification Violation Attorney
A trucking company must maintain a driver’s qualification file (DQ file) on each 18 wheeler driver it employs. Each driver qualification file must contain the following:
(1) driver’s application for employment;
(2) a written record of inquiries made to prior employers and any responses received from them;
(3) the pre-employment motor vehicle record for the driver;
(4) results of any road test or a copy of the driver’s CDL;
(5) the driver’s annual review;
(6) the motor vehicle record on the driver from his/her annual review;
(7) the driver’s certified list of moving violations; and
(8) medical examiner’s certificate of physical qualification.
Unfortunately, many 18 wheeler trucking accidents occur because trucking companies hire unqualified drivers. The rules pertaining to driver qualifications are designed to prevent accidents that lead to serious personal injury or wrongful death.
If you have been injured in an 18 wheeler trucking accident, learn about your legal rights from an experienced New Orleans 18 wheeler trucking injury lawyer by calling 504-581-4892 or by filling out our free, no obligation case review form.