Dr. Joseph A. Kott is of counsel with Herman, Herman & Katz, L.L.C. Dr. Kott received his Juris Doctorate from Loyola University School of Law in 1996. He graduated with a B.S. degree from Tulane University in 1970, with a major in Psychology. Following graduation from Tulane University, he attended Louisiana State University Medical School and received his M.D. in 1975. After completing his neurosurgical residency at Louisiana State University Charity Hospital Department of Neurosurgery in 1981, Dr. Kott became board certified in neurosurgery in 1983 and maintained an extensive neurosurgical practice until his retirement in 1997.
Dr. Kott now practices as a trial lawyer in the area of medical negligence and medical products liability litigation. He is a member of the Louisiana State Bar Association, the Louisiana Association for Justice, the American Association for Justice, Louisiana State Medical Society, Jefferson Parish Medical Society, The American Board of Neurological Surgery and the American College of Surgeons.
- Loyola University School of Law, J.D. 1996
- Louisiana State University Medical Center, Neurosurgery Residency 1981
- Louisiana State University Medical Center, M.D. 1975
- Tulane University, B.S. 1970
- U.S.D.C. Eastern District of Louisiana
- Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Louisiana Supreme Court
- Diplomate of the American Board of Professional Liability Attorneys with special competence in the area of Medical Professional Liability. Louisiana Super Lawyers, 2016-2022.