New Orleans, LA Truck Driver Safety Lawyer
Truck drivers must maintain a commercial driver’s license (CDL) in order to operate an 18 wheeler. A CDL is a special license for people who operate vehicles weighing more than 10,000 pounds.
18 wheeler drivers must meet the following minimum standards:
- The truck driver must be at least 21 years old
- The truck driver must read and speak English
- The truck driver must be physically capable of safely operating the 18 wheeler
- The truck driver must pass a physical exam every other year
- The truck driver must be trained to operate the 18 wheeler
- The truck driver must be knowledgeable of the safety rules in the FMCSR
Unfortunately, many 18 wheeler trucking accidents occur because truck drivers are not qualified. Truck driver qualification requirements are designed to prevent accidents that lead to serious personal injury or wrongful death.
If you have been injured in an 18 wheeler trucking accident, learn about your legal rights from an experienced Louisiana 18 wheeler trucking injury lawyer by calling 504-581-4892 or by filling out our free, no obligation case review form.