Compassionate New Orleans Car Accident Attorneys Ready To Fight For You
- Louisiana car accidents can often cause wide-ranging injuries, from minor bruises and cuts to severe, life-changing conditions and even death. Common injuries include whiplash, fractures, concussions, soft tissue injuries, spinal cord injuries, and traumatic brain injuries (TBIs).
- Louisiana functions under a “pure comparative negligence” system for motor vehicle accidents, meaning you can still recover damages if you’re partially at fault. Your percentage of fault determined in the accident will reduce the compensation you can receive.
- An experienced Louisiana car accident attorney can significantly benefit your case. They can assist in accident investigations, gather vital evidence, negotiate with insurance companies, evaluate your total damages, and, if needed, represent you in court, all to increase your likelihood of receiving the highest possible compensation for your injuries.
Why Hire HHK for Your Louisiana Car Accident Lawsuit
At Herman Herman Katz, we emphasize results with a track record of over 80 years of advocating for injured individuals and securing over $35 billion in compensation. Our experienced Louisiana car accident attorneys understand the tactics of insurance companies that undervalue claims and are committed to fighting for your rightful compensation. We have the knowledge and dedication to help you secure the funds you need to recover from car accident injuries.
Car Accident Lawsuit FAQs
What Should You Do After a Car Accident in Louisiana?
After a Louisiana car accident, your immediate steps should include checking for injuries, moving to safety, contacting the police, exchanging information with other parties, and documenting the scene and any witnesses. Avoid admitting fault, report the accident to your insurance company, seek medical attention, and retain all relevant records. If you have significant injuries or damages, consult an experienced Louisiana car accident attorney for guidance on how to proceed.
How Long Do I Have to File a Car Accident Lawsuit in Louisiana?
In Louisiana, you have one year from the accident date to file a personal injury or property damage lawsuit. This time frame is known as the statute of limitations.
Do I Need to Hire an Attorney after a Car Accident?
While not required, hiring an experienced Louisiana personal injury attorney to handle your car accident case is highly advisable. Your attorney can navigate the complex legal processes, gather evidence, negotiate with insurance companies, and represent your interests in court.
What Is “Comparative Negligence” in Louisiana Car Accident Cases?
Louisiana follows a pure comparative negligence system, meaning that even if you are partly at fault for a car accident, you may still recover damages. However, your compensation will be reduced by your percentage of fault.
What Damages Can I Recover in a Louisiana Car Accident Lawsuit?
In Louisiana car accident cases, damages typically fall into three primary categories:
- Economic damages cover tangible financial losses like vehicle repair expenses, lost wages, and potential future earnings if the accident results in disability. These damages are straightforward to calculate.
- Non-economic damages encompass more abstract losses, including the loss of enjoyment of life, which can be challenging to quantify but can be evaluated with the assistance of experts.
- Punitive damages punish the at-fault party for severe misconduct, such as drunk driving.
What If the Insurance Company Offers a Low Settlement?
Yes, you can pursue a lawsuit against the at-fault driver even if their insurance company offers a low settlement. Consulting with an experienced Louisiana car accident attorney can help you decide the best course of action.
The Strength of HHK on Your Side
Lawyer advertising is just about everywhere these days. Lawyer slogans and television jingles seem to be all around us. But slogans and jingles will not force big insurance companies to pay injured car crash victims the compensation they deserve. The auto accident lawyer who you see on TV the most or whose jingle or slogan stays in your head the longest may not be the best attorney to fight for you. When choosing a law firm and one of their New Orleans car accident attorneys to represent you in a personal injury case, only one thing should matter – RESULTS.
No firm is better equipped than Herman Herman Katz to handle your personal injury claim stemming from a car wreck. For over 80 years, our firm has fought for families devastated by personal injury caused by the negligence of others. Our New Orleans car accident lawyers are proud to have recovered over $35 billion on behalf of our clients.
Unfortunately, these recoveries do not come easy. Insurance companies that put profits ahead of injured accident victims often refuse to pay legitimate personal injury claims. Instead, these insurance companies deny legitimate personal injury claims for as long as possible in hopes that tired families will eventually give up and settle for less than they deserve. Insurance companies attempt to manipulate the system and prolong the process and protect their profits at the expense of personal injury victims. Insurance companies even stoop so low as to attack the integrity of personal injury victims.
Experienced New Orleans Car Accident Law Firm
People depend on cars every day. Today it is nearly impossible to get from place to place without a car. Most of us live and work too far apart to travel by foot. As a result, we are exposed to potential personal injury or even wrongful death on a daily basis. Although cars are a modern-day convenience that generally makes our lives easier and better, they are not always safe. Accidents occur all the time. Auto accidents happen for a wide variety of reasons, including drunk drivers, drivers distracted by handheld devices, fatigued drivers, and dangerous roadway conditions. Regardless of how an accident occurred, victims of car crashes often suffer serious personal injuries or even wrongful death.
When you are injured in a car crash that was caused by the negligence of another, you have the right to pursue compensation for your injuries. If you have been injured in an auto accident, you should contact our experienced New Orleans car accident attorney.
Insurance companies know that too many law firms avoid trials. As a result, insurance companies undervalue your injuries, knowing that most attorneys will settle for much less than your personal injury claim is actually worth just to avoid having to go to court.
Some of Our Related Personal Injury Practice Areas
Although Herman Herman Katz handles just about every type of personal injury claim, our New Orleans auto accident attorneys handle the following types of claims that are often involved in auto accident cases:
- Brain Injuries: A serious brain injury can result in long-term disability, paralysis, and death as well as some of the highest compensation awarded for any injury. Our brain injury team is led by retired neurosurgeon Joseph Kott, a physician with a law degree.
- Burn Injuries: Burn injuries are among the most painful of all injuries, and they can cause lifelong disfigurement. Even moderate burn injuries can cause immense mental anguish. These losses can be added to physical disabilities to justify a large damages award.
- Product Defects: Manufacturers and distributors of defective products can be held liable when their product malfunctions and injures someone. An automobile seatbelt failing or an airbag malfunction, for example, resulting in serious injuries that the victim would not otherwise have suffered. In some ways, product liability law is more victim-friendly than other forms of personal injury law – you don’t necessarily have to prove fault to win, for example.
- 18-Wheeler Trucking Accidents: An 18-wheeler rig is about twenty times as heavy as an ordinary automobile. And when a collision occurs, the damage is frequently catastrophic. Commercial truckers are subject to strict regulations that do not bind ordinary motorists, and the violation of regulations often provides a basis for personal injury liability.
- Wrongful Death Claim: Although a deceased accident victim cannot file a personal injury lawsuit, certain close relatives of the victim can file a wrongful death lawsuit. Damages can be large. They are often comparable to what the victim could have won if he had lived but remained in serious condition for an extended period.
We Can Help You Fight Back
If you were injured in a car crash, you need to work with New Orleans auto accident lawyers who have a tradition of fighting powerful insurance companies. Our victories on behalf of our car accident clients are attributed to our dedication, preparation, and innovation. Insurance companies and their attorneys know that every personal injury case we accept will be thoroughly prepared for trial and our clients will be aggressively represented. We will not yield until our clients secure the funds they need to reclaim their lives.
Learn about your legal rights from an experienced New Orleans car accident lawyer by calling 504-581-4892 or by filling out our free, no-obligation case review form.